Sunday, December 19, 2010

A HUMID NIGHT

DAILY PHOTO - A HUMID NIGHT
This trip to Orlando proved to be very interesting and exciting, full of surprises. On my first day there, the sky was completely washed out in gray, like someone had thrown a giant amorphous glob of paint over us. It was looking to be a disappointing day for shooting with there being so little contrast to work with. Right before sunset, (not that you could really tell, with the gargantuan cloud above) a quick shower passed by, setting a layer of water down, and as soon as night fell, the temperature dropped, lifting all the warm rainwater off the ground. I was excited by the prospect of being able to shoot in a fog bank for the first time!

Maybe an hour later, the street lamps were shining wonderfully through the fog and a fluctuating breeze kept blowing fresh fog in, keeping it thick. At one point, visibility was less than 500 feet! I definitely would've looked a bit mad to anyone who happened to come by, what with my scurrying back and forth around the street, trying to make haste and get as many photos as possible with my sluggish memory cards, all the while carting my tripod and camera bag everywhere. (This whole time I was supposed to be inside at a Christmas party, but the opportunity was too good to pass up.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment