Monday, December 20, 2010

MORNING CYCAD

A CORNUCOPIA OF POSSIBILITIES
I'm happy to announce, as an early present, I've gotten a wonderfully sturdy tripod. My old tripod was a beat-up video camera tripod that my dad had lying around and I've been using that for the past few years. But once I switched to my DSLR, it couldn't support the extra weight for any longer than a couple seconds. The Manfrotto 190XProB is ten times stronger and has a lot more capacity for different positions without motion. Paired with the Giottos MH1302-655 head, I can finally start photographing more night scenes, macro photos, scenes requiring telephoto lenses, wildlife scenes, ect. The list goes on. As professional tripods go, they definitely aren't at the top but for my uses, it certainly fits the requirements.


DAILY PHOTO - MORNING CYCAD
Testing my tripod out early in the morning, I found a bright green cycas revoluta (I probably misspelled that), a Sago cycad. It was still wet with dew and I got thoroughly creative (probably too much) contorting the tripod legs in excessive positions around the plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment